Monday, August 1, 2016

CAS MIX UP August Challenge


It is time already for the next CAS Mix Up August Challenge Stamping + Sprays + Your Choice.   My Choice:  Stenciling with water and Modeling Paste, Markers and Die Cuts.



My card began with an ATC background I had in my background stash, which  I had used a swiping technique with Zig Marker brown tones onto Mixed Media paper and stamped with my Tim Holtz "Wild Flowers" stamp set using Archival Jet Black ink.

 Now the fun finishing touches.  I  placed my Tim Holtz "Faded Dots" stencil over my piece, "Sprayed" with water and blotted with a paper towel to lift the color.  I  Die Cut my ATC with my Memory Box Stitched Rectangle and added a Sizzix Die Cut Wildflower for added dimension.

I wanted more interest in the background so I masked the center of my die cut white layer and placed my Faded Dot Stencil over the mask and covered areas of the stencil with my Golden's Modeling Paste.  Let dry and added my main image with dimensionals.  One last touch.. Washi tape stamped with the sentiment.. just for you!

I love the brown tones and dimension on my CAS Mix Up August Challenge...Hope you can play along too.  You have until August 24th to join in the fun!  Happy Stamping....


8 comments:

  1. LOVE the earthy tones of your swiped Zig background ... so very cool Nancy!! And then the added visual dimension with the ghosting of the dot stencil --- awesome!! Gorgeous wildflower silhouettes and love that you've added a die-cut one as well. And the embossing paste background adds even more dimension and texture. Love the white-on-white! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the simple use of a water spray to meet the challenge! And also love the addition of the die cut flower to add interest to the stamped ones. Great way to tie it together with the dotted embossing paste background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What wonderful mixed media details in this little ATC piece, Nancy! Love the "ghosting" and the stamped Washi tape! Great dimension and interest with the embossing paste background! Love the layout of the dots!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such harmony, the white embossed back panel just makes the center piece pop. A BEAUTY!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have SO much fun following your blog and seeing these wonderful creations, Nancy! Your background is fabulous! What wonderful ideas you implement when creating them. I LOVE brown! Don't think I made too many cards without it. This one really popped for me! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore this card. Beautiful, beautiful... beautiful. X

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely card...love the natural feel of the elements you added mf.
    TFS,
    hugs,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those earth tones really work for me. You always amaze me with the way you can add so many design elements and textures and still have it looking terrific and not cluttered.

    Thanks for sharing your instructions about how you made this card.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving your much appreciated comments! Hugs....Nancy