Monday, December 19, 2016

CAS Be Merry EB Resist Watercolour Card

I CASE'd my CAS Watercolour Resist December Reminder Card


Here is my New Watercolour Resist Inlay Christmas Card!



I started by stamping my Penny Black "Adornment" wreath image with SU Whisper White pigment ink onto a square 4 1/8" piece of  Arches Mixed Media paper and heat embossing with SU White EB powder.  That was my Resist.

Next I sprinkled Color Burst powders: Alizarin Crimson and Pthalo Green and then spritzed with water...blotting with a paper towel until I got a lighter shade of background for my watercolouring.

After my background was dry I used Memory Box Stitched Circle dies to cut around the wreath and made a 2nd die cut, that was one size larger for the frame.

I cut a piece of SU W. White thick CS 4 1/8" x 4 1/8" for the card front and die cut with the smaller circle die.  Then cut another piece 4 1/4" x 4 1/4" for my tent fold card base.

The fun part was putting it all together..like a puzzle.  I popped up the card front with foam tape and attached to card base.  Attached die cut frame with my SU Fine Tip Glue Pen and added glue to my wreath image and inlaid inside the frame.

I added my stamped and popped up STAMPlorations "Oh, Christmas Tree" Be Merry sentiment and was done!  Enjoy and Merry Christmas my friends.  Hugs..


CAS Watercolour December Resist Challenge








12 comments:

  1. A beautiful variation of your first one! Love the wreath set in the gorgeous swirl of colour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love these colors, Nancy! The embossed wreath shows beautifully with the colors and I love the way you've laid it out! Fantastic, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What gorgeous cards Nancy. I love that layout!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your second card is over the top! Wonderful modern rendition, gorgeous colors. Love the swirls.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh-so pretty Nancy!! LOVE these beautiful colours and how they surround that gorgeous wreath image. Great design my friend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nancy, I've been staring at your card for several minutes, marveling at the swirls of colour setting the stage for your lovely wreath! A gorgeous, trendy, fresh re-vision of your first card that is also incredibly beautiful!
    Hugs~carol

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE your first card and the background on your second card is awesome! I've been totally smitten with that PB wreath since I first laid eyes on it, too. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful swirls of colour which makes the wreath come alive, awesome card :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow Nancy...this is so gorgeous and such a a sense of movement with the swirls of the wreath...fab card mf

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a wonderful swirly look you achieved on this Nancy! SO pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These emboss resist cards are stunning...so creative and artsy. Plus the clever way you used the die cut circles to add interest.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Colour Bursts are such fun... and you've used them to make a gorgeous and very pretty card.
    Love the colours. X

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving your much appreciated comments! Hugs....Nancy