Monday, January 2, 2017

CAS Watercolour January Snowflake Challenge


The holidays are over,  but Winter has really set in for the Northern Hemisphere.   It is time for our CAS Watercolour January Snowflakes Challenge.



Here is my Watercolour Resist Snowflake card.


I enjoyed using a favorite older SU snowflake set..."Serene Snowflakes" (ret).   I inked up my stamps with Versamark and stamped the snowflakes onto Arches Mixed Media paper.  Then heat embossed with SU White EB powder.

Then I sprinkled Brilliant Blue Brushos powder onto my craft mat and spritzed with water.  I used water to wet my WC paper with a #6 paint brush and then painted with my diluted Brushos letting the ink spread.  When dry I  used the same wet on wet technique to add Purple Brushos diluted ink.

When dry I splattered with my paint brush the diluted Purple Brushos.

When dry I used my Tim Holtz "Dot Fade" stencil and SU Whisper White pigment ink and sponged the dots over some of the open areas.  Very subtle,  but does add more depth and texture.

I have been so inspired by my friend and fellow DT member Karen (Snippets),  who does the most gorgeous watercolor backgrounds and CAS designs.  Here is the beautiful snowflake card that Karen recently did for our CAS Watercolour December Challenge that inspired my card.  Thank you Karen.

After my background was finished I trimmed it by using my CUTplorations "Crazy Double Running Stitch Rectangle Nesting" smallest die and used the largest die from the set to die cut my card front using SU Shimmery White CS.

I loved the effect of Karen's white die cut sentiment and so die cut my CUTplorations Stitched Thankful die twice using SU Shimmery White CS and popped up the stamped "for you" from SSS "Lots of Thanks".

I popped up my main image using 3M foam tape.

I am real happy with how my card turned out.  Thank you again Karen for the inspiration.  You will get more inspirations for your snowflake cards from all the beautiful cards from our very creative Design Team and this months Guest Designer, Hannelie (Desert Diva).  Be sure and check out the CAS Watercolour January Challenge.

Enjoy and thank you for visiting and commenting on my cards.  It makes my day.  Hugs


My card is for STAMPlorations Anything Goes Challenge..







10 comments:

  1. LOVE your emboss resist snowflakes Nancy ... very pretty. And I love the colours you've used with the brushos. Karen is very inspiring and we are all lucky to call her friend. Love the subtle additions of splattering and stenciling. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cold strength of this card! I have the impression that this card is a true symbol of the Arctic. These blues are like glaciers hidden under the surface of the cold sea. Beautiful and mysterious. Thank you for the wonderful inspiration.
    hugs,
    BozenA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful card. Loving the colour combination and the clever technique with the brusho's. A really striking card x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nancy, I absolutely love your snowflake card, both the background and the "thankful" die! The limited Brushos colors are perfect for suggesting the chill of a snowy day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love how your card turned out....beautiful in blue!!
    hugs,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you've built up the background color, Nancy! The embossed white snowflakes play off of it beautifully! Inspired by Karen but totally your own gorgeous design!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The contrast of the white die cut sentiment on the gorgeous blue background is stunning. The stamped snowflakes are so crisp---I wonder if it was because you used Arches paper. Turned out beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  8. the deep blue and white create a wonderful contrast on the card, So pretty

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry to be so late in commenting on my fellow CAS Watercolour DT members' cards! Somehow I missed doing it. Gorgeous blue and white (always my favourite!) and a fabulous design with the snowflakes and the part die-cut / part stamped sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your beautiful background and emboss resist snowflakes Nancy! I also love the sentiment in white - beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving your much appreciated comments! Hugs....Nancy