Sunday, June 4, 2017

If Friends were Flowers!


The Time Out Challenge #84 is "Inspired by Words"


My card was inspired by STAMPlorations Dee's Blooming Buds stamp set :-)



I spent quiet, relaxing time watercoloring my pretty flowers with my Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers using #4, 6 and 8 brushes.  I stamped my flowers onto Arches Hot Press WC paper with Archival Black ink using my MISTI.  I masked each flower and the bud to get the flower layout. This is such a versatile stamp set and my go to flower set.  

After watercoloring my image I cut my piece down to fit a CAS design using my MB Stitched Rectangle Die.   I had saved the black CS frame from a previous project and used it to frame my flowers.

Now..where to put my Blooming Buds sentiment?  I finally decided to use like a placard on a painting, which I think worked well.  I added the sequins for balance.  Mounted my main image using fun foam ($ store).

I am very pleased with the results and very happy to join the Time Out Challenge #84 :-) Hugs..



I am adding my card to more challenges..


STAMPlorations June CAS Challenge: Anything Goes without optional twist.


CAS Watercolour June "Summer" Challenge



Flower Challenge:Anything Goes











19 comments:

  1. Your flower garden is gorgeous, my friend! I have this set and it's way underused. Thanks for the inspiration to pull it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. CAS perfection and great colouring. Classy layout and the sentiment works perfectly where you placed it....like a painting x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bonnie and Mac for your wonderful comments. I love this set. Hugs..

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so delightful to see your cards, Nancy! This is so neat and clean and love the shading on your flowers! You even shadowed them! I've never done that yet figuring if I got that far without a mess, why push my luck! Beautiful job on the shadows!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know exactly how you feel about the shadowing, Nancy. I wish I was as brave as our friend Karen with her watercolour washes around her images. My shadow effect is much less dangerous..I used a light grey Zig marker and spread it out a bit with a lightly wet paint brush. Thanks for your comment my friend. Hugs.

      Delete
  5. Nancy, such beautiful flowers it's certainly making me think summer now it seems to have stopped raining and all the flowers are out. Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful watercolouring with your Zigs, Nancy. Great layout and design with your masked flowers. The sentiment looks perfect where you've placed it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh those flowers are so lovely! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card. I love the placement of the flowers and your coloring is awesome. Perfect take on our challenge at Time Out. Thanks so much for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. such a pretty, fresh feeling card mf...love the look.
    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful coloring, Nancy! I love your solution of the sentiment placement! Hideko :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your coloring is beautiful. Love the bright, vibrant colors.
    Thanks so much for playing with us at Time Out!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautifully coloured flowers and lovely depth and dimension on your card. Thanks for joining us at The Flower Challenge. Cara DT x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ahhh, these are pretty flowers! Love those open lines for watercoloring, which you did so beautifully. You're having fun with your Zigs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous flowers and beautiful colours! I came home from my trip to lots of flowers blooming in my garden - amazing what a difference I saw out there after two weeks away!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can just imagine the difference this time of year. We see changes daily with all our flowers and vegetable garden. Only eating strawberries so far. Yum! Thanks for your comment my friend. Hugs..

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oooh ... those flowers look so pretty. Great colouring too. Thank you for playing along with the STAMPlorations CAS challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a gorgeous CAS card. Thanks so much for playing along the STAMPlorations CAS challenge .

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving your much appreciated comments! Hugs....Nancy