Friday, November 10, 2017

Day 5...Twelve Tags of Christmas with Loll & Friends!

I am having so much fun playing in Loll's Twelve Tags Christmas Event!



Here is my Christmas Tag using a background from one of my favorite CAS Mix Up Challenges for 2017...August Alcohol Inks.  My favorite technique was "Alcohol Inks on Acetate".  I used two  backgrounds from my stash for my green die cut tag and red die cut package!

Here is my Christmas Tag!

 Very glittery IRL!



 I am sharing a link to my favorite card using the technique Alcohol Inks on Acetate with Tissue Paper, which I used on my Tag !  The link will give you ALL the details for this beautiful technique. Here is my French Marigold Tissue Technique Card, which I made for the CAS Mix Up July 2017 Tissue Paper Challenge!

The only difference..I used T.H. Poppyfield and Watermelon for red package and Citrus, Lettuce, Meadow and Pesto Alcohol Inks for green background for my tag.

I die cut the tag from the green background using CUTplorations Luggage Tags Die (lg). Then stamped my STAMPlorations Warm Hands, Warm Hearts package image onto a red background using Archival Black Ink.  Made sure ink was dry then die cut red package with CUTplorations Warm Hands, Warm Hearts Coordinations Dies.  I used both dies to die cut SU Thick Whisper White CS and glued to back of red package and green tag,  which brings out the colors, shine and pretty SU Dazzling Diamonds Glitter.

Next I heat embossed sentiment using Versafine Black ink and SU Black Embossing Powder onto SU Thick Whisper White CS.  Glued onto tag and trimmed edges along curve of tag.

I found some OLD SU green ribbon that matched the Citrus Alcohol Ink and tied a bow onto the SU Seam Binding.  Done!  Because I had the backgrounds in my stash this was a pretty quick tag:-)

Enjoy and sure hope you get to play along with Loll's Awesome and Inspiring Christmas Tag Challenge.  The guidelines for the challenge are that it must be a mixed media Christmas Tag (any style/any size), which includes stamping,  plus two mixed media elements (techniques or products).

Happy Holidays my friends.  Hugs..

Adding to STAMPlorations Never-Ending Anything Goes




Supplies:
Stamps: STAMPlorations Warm Hands, Warm Hearts Stamp set for package and sentiment.
Paper:Thick SU Whisper White. White Tissue Paper.
Inks: T.H. Alcohol inks: Poppyfield, Watermelon, Cutrus, Meadow, Lettuce, Pesto.  Archival Jet Black. Versafine Black.
Accessories: CUTplorations Dies: Luggage Dies (lg) and Warm Hands, Warm Hearts Coordinations Die (pkg), Acetate, Gel Medium, SU Dazzling Diamonds, Fine Tip glue, dimensionals, Ribbons, Black EB powder.


13 comments:

  1. What beautiful colours together and another amazing effect with the technique. Love the font on the sentiment and love it on the white card. Another showstopper x

    ReplyDelete
  2. cool effect, it looks like green and blue icicles. stunning colour combos with the red green and blue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those gorgeous alcohol ink and acetate pieces are sure making gorgeous tags, my friend! This is another beauty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We sure are having fun with pieces from our stash:-) Thanks for your sweet comment my friend. Hugs

      Delete
  4. Beautiful job on that technique, Nancy! So when can I have my private lessons there? Tried once and just could not keep the tissue from tearing. Yours turned out fabulously! Love those background colors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am ready whenever you are. Tips on the tissue..I use Golden's thick gel medium on the side of the Acetate sheet that I have sponged the alcohol inks, which I have let dry. You can use Modge Podge (new not old and dry). I use a palette knife to spread the glue medium. Then scrunch up white tissue paper and open carefully leaving the crinkles. Cover the wet glue carefully with your tissue and set aside to dry. When dry trim edge of tissue along edge of acetate. Now you have to try again:-) Let me know if it works my friend. BTW..a little birdie told me Loll may be working on a video in the future:-) Hugs

      Delete
  5. I agree ... I think my favourite technique this year was the alcohol inks on acetate with the scrunch tissue paper backing. This is beautiful!! I love the deep colours of your green tag and red present. Lovely tag, my friend!! Thanks for joining my tag event! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loll, All our backgrounds sure have made gorgeous starting points for our tags and cards:-) This tag almost became my GD's tag:-) It is one of my favorites. So glad you liked it too my friend. Hugs

      Delete
  6. Love the vibrant colours! And that is a fabulous sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried stamping the sentiment directly on the tag with black ink, but did not show up..at all. I really liked it stamped on white. I love the font on the sentiment. Thanks for your comment my friend. Hugs

      Delete
  7. Another beautiful AI tissue paper tag, Nancy! I love your choice of green inks. The result is stunning. Placing a red gift package is a great idea - very pretty! TFS my friend! Hugs.. Hideko :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the alcohol ink backgrounds you made for me, and I love this one, too! I'm going to have to get creative and figure how I can use some of mine for Christmas cards. Another cute tag. Looks like you're going to be making lots of cookies!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving your much appreciated comments! Hugs....Nancy