Friday, February 2, 2018

CAS Watercolour February Heart!

Time already for our CAS Watercolour February Heart Challenge!

You are going to be so inspired by all the Lovely Heart Cards by our Design Team 
and very talented Guest Designer Sue (Sue"s Card Craft).
Be sure and check out their beauties!


Here is my watercolored Valentine card with several stenciled hearts:-)




The background was smooshed and splashed with Distress Oxides: Worn Lipstick, Picked Raspberry, Candied Apple and Fired Brick on Strathmore Mixed Media paper.  Check out Loll's videos on Smooshing with Inks and Splash Watercolors Backgrounds videos that I linked.

Next I  placed my ARTplorations "Hearts all Over" stencil over the die cut background
 and secured with painters tape.

Now ready to watercolor the hearts using Distress Oxides with my aqua painter.  
This is my 1st time to watercolor with a brush thru a stencil.
I was inspired to try this technique by my good friend and DT member Susan (Cardmaker's Garret),  who recently made This  beautiful watercoloured stenciled background!  TFS Susan. 

Next I die cut part of  the stenciled background with my AliExpress cross stitched partial circle die.

I then die cut my SU Thick Whisper White card front layer using my Penny Black Antique Frames Die Cut set.    Attached main image and Placed in MISTI to stamp my sentiment.
Added stamped tiny heart, Wink of Stella and heart sequins.

I wish you could see the sparkle from the Wink of Stella.  So pretty IRL!
I popped up the main image with fun foam and Done!

You have until the 24th to play along with us at CAS Watercolour.  We would love to have you join us.  Be sure and check out the gorgeous samples by our DT and GD, Sue.

Happy Valentine's Day to all our friends.  Hugs..

More Challenges:

CAS-usual Fridays: CFC#192 Hearts and more Hearts

STAMPlorations Never-Ending Challenge: Anything Goes


SSS Blog Wednesday Challenge: Anything Goes




Supplies:
Stamps: SU P.S. I Love You (ret) and tiny heart (ret)
Paper: Thick Whisper White.  Strathmore Mixed Media.
Ink: Distress Oxides:Worn Lipstick, Picked Raspberry, Candied Apple and Fired Brick. Archival Jet Black.
Accessories: Penny Black Antique Frames Die.  AliExpress cross stitched partial circle die. ARTplorations "Hearts All Over" Stencil. MISTI. SU Aqua painter, heart sequins (ret) and fine tip glue pen, Staedler black marker. Wink of Stella, fun foam. Craft mat.


16 comments:

  1. You always combine great techniques Nancy and today's gorgeous card is not exception. Love the smooshing and the way you used the heart stencil is so pretty. Love that antique die too and your fabulous card is so pretty with the wink of stella too x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy, I'm so glad I inspired you to try watercolouring through a stencil - just another way to get more out of our stencils!

    I love your card - such beautiful shades of pink! And the cross-stitched and deckled edge dies add to the romantic look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun card, loving the inkyness and pretty border!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty card Nancy. Love the background and your watercoloured hearts through a stencil ... not easy to do. Love that deckled die-cut background. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute Valentine, Nancy! I like the idea of watercolor through a stencil. Heck, I just like the idea of watercolor, period. Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a unique design, Nancy! Love the random stamping and the wonderful texture from the smooshing. Love the framing of this too. Beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautifully done Nancy and I love the pretty watercoloured hearts with their variation in tone and I love the way you have edged each heart with the black pen, and then cut with the Partial Circle die. The whole thing looks great cut with that fabulous Antique Frame...I just adore that shape, and finished beautifully with the sentiment and lovely bright red heart. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so pretty, Nancy, and I'll bet it's even prettier IRL with all that shimmer and sparkle! A sweet Valentine!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card and I love all the techniques you used! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays.

    ReplyDelete
  10. when I saw your card I thought, 'how fun'....pretty too. Interesting frame too.
    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your smooshed and splashed background, Nancy! Very pretty color mixture. It would take me a lot of courage to stencil over the background with watercolor because it's likely I would ruin it, but you did it beautifully, without any seep or bleed! Your sentiment sits perfectly under the partial circle - great design! Hugs.. Hideko

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card Nancy! It's so elegant and striking.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh it's so lovely and so arsty too! Beautifully done Nancy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sweet, those little hearts! They are quite lovely on that smooshed background! Now I am looking forward seeing some little chicks on your next card ;) - no pressure, just kidding!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Delightfully pretty Nancy ... I recognized that Penny Black frame, it sure is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very pretty Valentine's Day card. The smooshed background is perfect with all those hearts.Thanks for playing along at Casual Fridays Hearts, Hearts, and More Hearts Challenge. DTM Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving your much appreciated comments! Hugs....Nancy